Monday, June 30, 2008

jannickes samlede reiseberettelser

på veien til:

jeg var inne på en veikro.
der kjøpte jeg meg kjöttbullar.
jeg satte meg bak en familie.
der var det en baby.
det gikk opp for meg at om noen få timer vil det være en baby i mine armer
ikke en hvilken som helst baby, men en liten eskil.
mitt tantebarn

jeg snur meg rundt og kikker på familien i smug
mammaen sitter og prater med barnet
på babyspråk
og det er da jeg innser at det ikke er et språk jeg behersker
en mild panikk slår meg hvor jeg bare.
shit.
jeg vet ikke hvordan man kommuniserer med en baby.
jeg kan ikke babyspråk.



tilbakereisen:



it really isn't that demanding to travel.
if someone would drive me in a private helicopter in between the train and the bus for instance, carry my bags, feed me, make sure I always had cold water, and that people were silent around me: I'd be fine.

onboard I am fine.
except when the train suddenly doesn't take card,
or when my first class ticket turns out to be all but a normal first class ticket.

for a train ride in sweden to be optimal,
make sure you go on the trains that are new.
the x-2000
in my confusion of ticket-buyment I made the utterly naive assumption that all trains were cool, fast, and part of the future.
but there are also those that belong to the past.
right now I am on one of those.
I am on a train towards the past.
leaving the future

tonight on the night-bus I (almost) turned into a dreadful person.
one of those that I myself would have frowned upon.
I shushed people.
not leaning over, saying in a respectful manner:
excuse me, do you think you two could turn it down a notch?
I shushed people!

I was truly happy the two pretty young norrlandic swedes had found something special right there on that bus between umeå and stockholm in the middle of the night. but I didnt want their magic to interfere with my sleep.
I really did not.
so half asleep, half awake with my earplugs plugged in as far in as they could go, I was fantasizing about telling them to shut up. in a polite manner. I phrased myself in a million different ways inside my head. said the words over and over again as if it was a calming mantra. I only wanted to sleep, and those two to shut up, really..
and nearly drifting in to sleeping wonderland, but being dramatically dragged back to waking life by their loud flirting voices, I suddenly caught myself in saying the following half loud, half low: shhhhh! as it escaped my lips I was filled with a mixture of proudness and imberessment. did I really do it? why didn't I just ask them to lower their voices a little as I had planned? why did it turn into one big shush!?!

it didn't have such a big an effect, and when I at 2 o'clock still were not asleep, the panick started to set in. the bus-ride would be over at 5.50. and I needed to sleep! I got so desperate that I continued to shush. but no response. perhaps I thought I was very loud and clear, but being a prisoner in my own mind (because of the earbuds) perhaps it wasn't as loud and clear as I fantasized it to be. they probably didn't hear it at all.

people lack sympathy at times. if you are on a night bus,
please do respect the others in such a way that you whisper.
even if you found the man of your life.
be a flirt-whisperer. its way cooler than pissing everybody around you off.
I was hoping somebody else would take on the task of telling them to be quiet,
but it actually seemed to be me they were bothering the most.
their cute laughter
their bragging.
blah.
she was even like.
"yeah. I am a store manager now.
(for some clothing chain)
Its completely crazy."

oh so its completely crazy?
that would only make sense to someone knowing you. not to someone you are trying to get to bed. you should have wrapped it differently. or not at all. he could have discovered it some other way and gotten utterly impressed that way. bragging is uncool. uncool! argh!

I have to pee.

1 comment:

Martine Marbel said...

hahaaa.. genious. "Jeg vet ikke hvordan man kommuniserer med en baby. Jeg kan ikke babyspråk".