she is such a sweetheart.
"Jannicke, dont you have a tv?"
"no.. my room-mate has one in her room, but I dont feel like using it"
"Are you really sure? wouldnt it be good for you to watch some tv?"
later in the conversation.
"you know honey..
..grandma got a boyfriend."
"what?! grandma has a boyfriend?"
"yes, he is flirting with her all the time.
and she enjoys his company aswell.
everytime I come around he says;
-I have been looking for your mum all day.
they eat together all the time.
the people working there have noticed too.
appearently he is much younger.
but you know, she is so pretty."
this is at the point in the conversation that my mind goes in a million different directions.
how does mum define the word boyfriend?
by eating together,
and enjoying eachothers company?
is she overstating when using that term;
boyfriend?
but how does one really define
the word boyfriend/girlfriend
when two people reach a certain age?
(my grandmother is 87).
I cannot help but imagining
two increadibly cute wrinkly people
sitting together and holding hands.
finding love at 87.
there is hope for us all.
this made me think of a picture I took the other day,
these people are quite young in comparison to my grandmother,
but still.
..
Mum: "I am not gonna scratch my ear with this pen"
Me: "no please dont do that."
1 comment:
veery nice. I like. Good to know whats happening back home...
I think boyfriend means the best company you can get when you are 87.
Post a Comment