Sunday, June 17, 2007

accept no substitute

david showed me the wonders of google earth.
I showed him my house(s) in norway.
and we found my bedroomwindow here in cph.
the fly-in-function is perticularly wild.

david is a language-genious.
he sounds like a norwegian if he wants to
he can sound polish if he wants to.
he speaks fluently icelandic,
english and swedish.
and I think he can sound like
pretty much that language he wants.

david also likes maps.
so I gave him a mapbook of cph.

we had scheduled the making of a song.
we started making one,
and we have quite a wild beat.
then we wanted to record some polish
I was not able to make one single-polish-sounding-noise.
but david had read the intro of this book:











so he was practically fluent.

but the polish-speaking
and the beat sounded together
a little cheap. a little too polish.
like a bad copy of german trance track or something
and we dont want that.
no we dont.

when david returns from poland
in a two weeks time
we'll make some more.

after I saw google earth I changed.
I think.
suddenly the world seemed so tiny.
so reachable.
so so reachable.

No comments: