beautiful songs I have heard in a long while,
wig master,
I found this in a review of his record from 2006,
and I want to share it, because it is so well written and nice:
"On tie-me-up-and-runaway love song "Buzz Saw", Stewart's thoughts are as fragile and bare as nervous high-school nothings: "Your black hair is like black hair/ Mine I promise is a jerk's hair/ Your acne is like a pearl/ Mine I swear is brimstone." Goose bumps? Imperfection as gorgeousness: A chipped tooth, a scar, a leather belt around a wrist. The song unrolls like a hymn from beneath a bed, ending with a three-part, pitch-lapping harmony and bells-- exclamations that leave bruises."
xiu xiu is good.
he is brilliant.
but the rewiers for pitchforkmedia
are also quite articulate.
it is inspiring.
I wonder what it takes to get this articulate.
I am also quite excited about the polaroid book coming
in september.
even thought some of them scare me a little bit.
theres also BARR and deerhoof in the pictures:
and I love his videos
No comments:
Post a Comment